With these tomato face mask recipes, you will start to get flawless skin all over your face without make up and all over your body without using any expensive cosmetic products.
You may be wondering if the same tomato you have known and probably consumed for years can do this magic. Yeah, that’s right – it can do it!
Many people we have recommended these recipes to had the same doubt but in a matter of days after trying them, their doubts cleared for good.
In this piece, we will not only give you the glowing skin tomato recipes, we will also educate you on the importance of tomatoes to your skin.
Why Are Tomatoes Wonderful for the Skin?
Tomatoes contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, C, and E as well as iron and potassium. All of these nutrients help to nourish the skin.
Because of these properties, you can use a tomato face mask to help with your skin, no matter your skin type.
Application of tomato juice on your face can help you out in getting rid of acne, pimples, and marks naturally and you can get much fairer and whitened skin.
Below are 7 amazing benefits of tomatoes for Skin;
- As a natural astringent, tomato keeps the skin firm and helps diminish fine lines and signs of ageing.
- The acidity in tomato helps to get rid of dull, rough skin and promotes cellular renewal.
- Tomato also helps to shrink large pores and brightens up your complexion. This is helpful for those who were lighter in complexion but have gone darker as a result of sun or even stress.
- Tomatoes contain salicylic acid – a common ingredient in acne and pimples products. It cleanses and exfoliates to remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and cause acne, whiteheads or blackheads.
- Tomatoes contain a powerful anti-oxidant ‘lycopene’ which protects against the free radicals that they are responsible for wrinkles and age spots.
- By getting rid of dirt and other impurities, a regular use of tomato will leave your face polished with a wonderful glow.
1. Simple Tomato Recipe For Glowing Skin
This recipe works for skin brightening, whitening and firming. You will get a fair, glowing, younger-looking and spotless skin in a matter of days.
The way to use it is to cut a piece of tomato in half and rub all over your face and neck.
With slow circular motions, gently rub the tomato onto your cheeks, chin, forehead, nose area and also don’t forget your neck.
Leave it on for 10-15 minutes then rinse with warm water. Follow with a moisturizer. You can also use a few drop of this serum solution to double the effect. To restore and maintain beautiful skin, repeat this treatment twice a week.
You can use this mask if you have normal, oily and combination skin.
2. Skin Brightening Tomato Honey Face Mask
Want to brighten your skin and make it blemish free? Regularly use a nourishing tomato honey face mask.
Brighten dull skin with a brightening tomato and honey face mask. Tomato has a rich lycopene content which can slightly tan your skin giving you that gorgeous glowing look.
Tomato will also protect your skin from UV lights, making it a natural sunscreen. This is especially useful for a lot of people that work on the field or in the market. Honey also has skin lightening and brightening properties.
Let’s look at more skin benefits of honey:
Honey: Natural humectant. Locks moisture in skin cells. Has antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that protect skin from bacteria and germs.
Defends skin from free radical damage. Clears out acne and prevents further breakouts. Helps fade acne scars, blemishes and dark marks. Slows down ageing.
All these are of course important for everyone, especially woman so that they can slay anyhow.
- Use raw natural honey for this. Processed products can irritate skin.
- Protect your hairline from this sticky face mask by wearing a headband and also to keep away any stray hairs or bangs.
- Apply all face masks over your kitchen/bathroom sinks to avoid sticky messes on the floor.
- 1/2 (half) ripe tomato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blend the tomato till you get a smooth puree.
- Stir in the honey and mix well.
- Apply the mixture onto your face.
- Sit for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to sink deep.
- When the time is up, wash off with cold water.
- Pat your face dry.
Repeat this twice in a week for good and fast result.
For even better and faster result, use this serum solution along with it and watch people ask you what your beauty secret is in a matter of days.
Try this and give us your feedback in the comment box below.
What face mask have you tried? What skin challenge will you like us to share the recipe with you?
Tell us in the comment box below.
Do not forget to share this piece with as many people as possible for them to benefit too.